and i’m sitting there like…
I speak the truth. I am the superhero of words. Sentences are my weapons. I’ll fuck you up with my oral armor.
90. When I was younger I wanted to be an actress. I tried out for Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School twice. I made it to the second round of auditions and was cut. I think it was my awful bad crying the second time that did it.
I’m so glad I sucked at acting. I can’t imagine my life if I pursued it instead of writing.
- Kid in my Journalism II class: So if he's a meteorologist, does he get a title like a professor or something?
- Professor: He's a meteorologist
- Kid: Yeah, but does he get a title like a professor or something?
- Professor: No. He's a meteorologist. And if I see meteorologist capitalized...
- Kid: What if it's at the beginning of a sentence?
- Professor: ...now that's a dumb question.
91. When I was 18, it was an election year. I was away at college during the elections. Instead of getting an absentee ballot which felt less official, my roommates and I all registered to vote in the town the college is in. We got to the polling place (the MPR) at 6:24 in the morning. We were numbers 3, 4, and 5 to vote that day. It was documented with photos…well, not in the actual polling place, but around it.
I’m the one on the left. It was very, very early, so I wasn’t exactly looking my best.
This was not only my first presidential election, it was the year Barack Obama was elected. I feel very proud to have taken part in such a historic election.
My college is very liberal, so I was pretty psyched for the giant afterparty celebration that took place on the quad when Obama was elected.
92. I have an obsession with skateboarding. It’s one of those things I cannot do, but wish I could. I tried to ride one in Modell’s back in the day, fell, and knocked over an entire shelving unit. I wait for the summer X Games every year.
trust a few.
do wrong to none.